Thursday, January 26, 2012

Shaney Laney

I can't NOT start my post with Professor Perry.  He just throws you for a loop.  I think it is his goal.  In fact, I know it is his goal.  And doggonnit, he got me today.  I can usually keep my cool under pressure, but my poor morning patient assuredly thought he had the idiot of the world working on him, because that is what I sounded like.

"Blood?  Inflammation?  Cytokines? Neutrophils? Water? Inflammation? Edema? Heat? Redness? Swelling?  Swelling?  Biofilm? Water flushing?  Elliptical?  Metal Rods?" and on and on for 20 minutes.  Yeah, that instilled confidence in my morning patient man.

I mostly can't wait for our Mini Perry Pod-Wrap to hear what secrets he tells ONLY his three week disciples. 

On a funnier note, my afternoon Class IV patient cancelled.  "I want to get this done, but I just can't come in."  Ok, fine.  When I asked how is quad I cleaned 3 weeks ago is, he shared the following VERY SLOWLY, "I'm actually quite comfortable with what you've done.  However, something interesting has been happening.  I keep trying to talk with my mouth closed."  Me - "Oh really?  That does sound interesting." "Yes, it is quite hard to explain.  It's like . . . my lips are closed . . . and my back teeth aren't touching . . . and . . . it's hard to explain."  We were having a good laugh about that at lunch.  This is also the patient who asked, "Are you going to CUT my GUMS?"

So since he cancelled I tried calling a family that Mr. S-sauce had given me.  The conversation went a little something like this . . .

Them: "Beuno!"
 Me: "Beuno!"  Is this Carlos?
Them: "No, wrong number."
Me: "What about Lizeth?"
Them: "Oh yes, she is here.  She is driving."
Me: "This is Marianne from the Weber State Hygiene Clinic wondering if anyone could come in this afternoon at 12:30?"
Them: "yes"
Me: "You could?  Sweet!"
Them: "Do you speak Spanish?"
Me: "No."

Anyway, we went on to have MeChel tell him in Spanish to come today at 12:30, then he said "Bye!" and we thought everything was good.

Well, when we get back to clinic I had Mr. S-Sauce call him.  Don't worry, he lives in ARIZONA.  Hmmm, yeah maybe he could have made it in the next 30 minutes.  Oh man.  So Chris came in at 1:15 and had to be gone by 2:15.  I'm glad Chris came in, and he did need a cleaning, but it's just so sad to be in such a big hurry and have to pay $32 when I could do it at home.  sigh.  Oh well.


3 comments:

  1. Lainey is my dogs name. That's the first thing I thought of when I read the title of this blog. She's named after Elaine on Seinfeld. And my boy dog is named Cosmo after Cosmo Kramer. =)

    And regarding Prof Perry, he made me look like the biggest idiot twice today. I wonder what these patients think when we can't answer his off the wall questions. Oh, and who are his 3 week diciples?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete