Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pick a Title

I have a hard enough time articulating Frances McConaughey's entire last name to begin with, so when I am in a constant dither over whether to call her Inst. Prof. Dr. or Ma'am let's just say difficult is an understatement as to how hard it is for me to SPIT IT OUT.

Frances + Me = Disaster.  Let's just accept that this is true.  I think I have found the underlying cause of this issue.  I try to be all things informal.  I think she tries to be all things formal.  It reminds me of the following quote from The Office Season 3 Episode 13.

Dwight had a big personality and I have a big personality and a lot of times when two people like that get together it can be explosive. -Phyllis

Once again at the VA today we had a little run in.  Maybe not a run in by other's perspective, but by mine it was.  Sigh, I just need to be on my BEST behavior when addressing her and no funny business because it always just ends up with me feeling like a dingle-idiot.

So Frances, I mean Prof/Inst/Mrs McConaughey I apologize.  Better luck next week.

In other news, I tx 3 patients today start to finish.  Two class V's and one class II.  Had some CRAZIES today, poor Brooke.  :(  However, if my calculations are correct we only have 3 more days at the VA this semester.  Praises.

1 comment:

  1. *Grabs my planner* Yup, I concur....3 VA days left and I couldn't be more elated! You guys might love the VA but I do NOT!

    ReplyDelete