Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Trousers

Hello.  Today I made a revolutionary decision.  I wore Trouser Socks that my mother gave me for Easter some years ago.  They were awesome.  My feet were un-anesthetized.  They hurt a bit by the end of the day, but it was certainly a step up from last week.

Photo Credit: MeChel

Photo Credit: MeChel
I am VERY sorrowful to tell you that I was flexing in that second pic.  Wow, Chris is right I need to exercise more often.  And if that bulge above the sock don't prove it then you are in denial.

Today turned out to be fine.  Class V in the morning, who has worked his way up from Class II/III last year.  Very positive sign for him and his systemic health.  BOTCHED some vertical radiographs on this patient, retook some good horizontal ones which got lost in the computer system based on my idiosity not to open a new template. Dumbies.

Lunch - no dessert, but I did go get a flu shot with Sarah and Kristie, thanks for the prompt Sarah!

Then I saw a 1B.  That's right a 1B.  I thought for sure she would have had more perio than that!  When we walked in from lunch I knew she was my patient.  She was very overweight and I assumed that she was on lots of medications (I was right).  When I called to make and confirm the appt I spoke with her mother, which I thought was odd for a 25 year old.  This is my first clue that something was a little off.  I was a tich worried that she wouldn't be comfortable or able to be accommodated in clinic, but it turned out good and great.  She was very easy and fun to get along with, and as you know she ended up being a 1B and even though I took my dear sweet time during HH and radiographs, I did finish her.  My largest mistake of today was that I did NOT do a blood glucose on her even though she A) She has diabetes B) Had not taken her blood glucose that day C) Was ok with me doing it.  I just couldn't get up the mental energy to go get the stuff.  Lame, I know.
    

3 comments:

  1. Oh my hell Marianne! You are freaking HILARIOUS!!! I love the socks! They are awesome and look really tight! Lol. So are those your new shoes? How are they working out? Speaking of working out... When are we seriously supposed to find the time? Don't worry about it girl! Lol. Thanks for the laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianne, I come to your blog for comedic relief after a long and wearing day in clinic, and I am never short handed. I understand now about the trouser socks, I think I need to get me a pair of those. Bummer deal about not doing the BG test, wish I would have been there to pump you up for it. You are freaking hilarious like Adrienne said and you are always good for a breath of fresh air and a good belly chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. why no picture of your low riding scrubs???

    ReplyDelete