Thursday, October 13, 2011

Done?

I have a false sense of freedom after Tuesday's mockboard.  Here is what I learned from that experience;

1) Alexander is awesome for getting us ice cream after that day.  Indescribable happiness came from that TLC.

2) If you failed, better luck next time.  If you passed, it doesn't mean you're going to pass your real boards so . . . don't get complacent.

3) Some people like to freak out, a lot, for no real reason.

4) Helping Mr. Soloman out of the goodness of your heart will pay off sooner or later.

5) Passing mockboards and "doing well" are not necessarily the same thing.

6) I cleaned the HECK out of my patient's root surfaces and missed 4 spots of calculus right underneath the contact.  Nice.  Lesson learned.

7) I love myself for saving an entire set of instruments for boards that will brand spanking new.  :)  Eradicate that worry.

8) I need to find an EASY Class II to clean for mockboards.  No deep pockets and severe disease for me.  It is all about patient selection.

This false sense of freedom needs to stop soon because I have LA tomorrow, an LA test this weekend and the Patient Education paper/project.  What will it take for me to get this WAKE UP CALL.

3 comments:

  1. What was #3 all about? And I liked #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, me too! I scaled the crap out of the roots on this one tooth and was missing it right under neath the contact. That one was a bummer. I agree about everything you mentioned and on that note I better get studying some LA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am studying right now....in between checking out my peeps' blogs. I like what you said. I wish I would not have stressed so much. I even told myself not to stress, but I haven't had a very good past couple of weeks and my confidence level was in the crapper. But mockboards really gave me a goal of where I want to be when spring break comes around...and that goal is definitely better then where I am at right now. Thanks for the post Marianne, I always enjoy a good read.

    ReplyDelete