Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Wrath

How can I say this in a nice way?  Maybe I can't.  Please don't leave clinic (even if it is 11:30) when at least 3 people still haven't even STARTED cleaning up their rooms.  Dirty instruments on trays.  Charts not completed.  Sealant material out. Everything left to be done.  Really?  Why would you just leave?  I love our class for the team effort we have, but today I wasn't feeling that so much.  Thank you x a million to Karlie W and Whitnee and Sarah and Tori  (and anyone else who stayed) who I know made a concerted effort to hang around until noon and help others.   

Maybe I was so irritated by the lack of helping going on because I only got 1 quad done on my patient.  He was 30 minutes late and Kim Caldwell and I got mixed up on when walk-out was.  So yeah . . . I am mad at myself for not getting at least 2 done.  I am glad I passed off 2 PE's.  That can be my one shining light for today.

Thank you for all those who help clean my room and my instruments, I hope I can PAY IT FORWARD because we all know we have needed or will need help at some point.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Marianne! I am sorry that you got ditched! I had a similar experience in clinic today. I had 2 patients and one of them lasted a lot longer then it was supposed to because it turned into the perfect board patient so I passed him on to a second year..but what I was getting to was that I had 2 full charts to complete, 2 trays of instruments, 2 NCR forms (since we are doing those again...) and my room to wipe down. Almost everyone had left while I was still trying to chart. I was really grateful to Karen when when she put my instruments in and cleaned my room because I would have been there way later, I was still the last one out of clinic and that was after 5! So I feel ya dawg, I feel ya! Lets make a goal to never leave if there is anyone left doing anything. Long comment, sorry.

    ReplyDelete