Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Light

Wow.  What to write about.  Mini Graceys my friends.  Are you like me and you've never used them before?? Ever?  Now is the time to get them out.  Holy smokes they are awesome.

I had 4 Q of a Class III this morning.  Great nice young guy who has never had his teeth cleaned.  It was encouraging to clean him, because it was do-able.  My last Class III was infuriating.  No matter what I did I felt like it wasn't enough.  Also, I scaled all four quads in about an hour and a half.  I felt good about that.

Lunch = NCUR.  It was interesting.  It took me back to doing my research presentations at the U.  It was like the last thing we had to do before graduating.  It was fun to see projects.

We BOOKED it back to Clinic, huffin and puffin up the stairs.  Brought my patient back (referred from Dr. Salmon's office), I was being kind of mopey about treating someone who seemed somewhat different to me, but when he got talking I got back into the practitioner mode and wanted to help him.  Here he was seeking out help and I was the gal.  Really, MeChel ended up being the gal.  It worked out perfectly.  I did his OD while MeChel cleaned 2 quads of a Class V, then she jumped right on over and is currently treated my patient who ended up being a Class IV!  She'll get 3 quads because he is missing a lot of teeth.  She is a trooper, he ended up needing Oraqix, injections and nitrous.  Phew.  You've got to work for those quads!  Clinic is turning into a swap-fest.  People working in other people's units, switching all over the place.  It is kind of fun, in a topsy turvy sort of way.

Thank you to Leigh for charting for both my patients today, Michelle and Karen for cleaning up my room and everyone else who always helps me all the time.  I am becoming somewhat nostalgic for these times.  Today has been the first real day I am feeling that.  I took an AWESOME picture of how my scrub bottoms scooch down and my shirt scooches up when I have my lab coat on leaving me and my G's QUITE exposed.  :)  Thanks for taking it Sarah.  I did get some dang good pictures of fellow classmates being their clinician selves.  It was good.  I'll post them when I get home.

Kristie brought CUPCAKES today!  Holy cow, what an angel.  They are delicious.  And I got some dang cute pictures of Taylor getting her teeth worked on by Mommy.  You can thank me later posterity.

NOTE TO LEIGH:See below and listen to the WHOLE thing.  :)




Sarah and Leigh did the Diagnodent on me, it was quite an EXPERIENCE!  (har har)

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could write my blog like yours because you really seem to capture how it really is in clinic. :)

    ReplyDelete