Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Esta Bien?

Wowzers, you can just call me Mariá.  I spoke to my Spanish speaking patient this afternoon for 45 minutes without a translator.  Boom baby.  Tienes preguntas?  Class III, 2 quads done.  Freaking Brooke got a class III done start to finish this morning.  Raising the bar.  I used to feel so good about getting 2 quads done, but now it is sub-par.  :(  Ah, there go my guilt free days.


On a better note, if you need motivation to do PE's I know the gal for you.  Her name is Kristie Muhlstein and she resides at Unit 9 on Tuesday between 7:30am - 4:30pm.  She is the best.  4 PE's today, in the afternoon.  Calculus Removal, Root Rebridement, Local Anesthesia, and Ultrasonic.  BUT Jenn specifically told me she did not want to be hounded thinking she was going to do 4 PE's for everyone all the time so . . . tread lightly.


I am kind of doing a flip flop post.  My morning man was a class II.  Nice guy.  Only did half his mouth (You don't have to tell me I suck, because I am WELL aware), but he was so nice.  He told me that I was on my way.  As in, "Wow Gal.  I have just never had someone work so hard and be so thorough.  You were so great.  Wow, you are on your way Gal."  :)  It was pretty cute and funny.  Onward and upward.  

4 comments:

  1. You always put a smile on my face. Everyday. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marianne, please....you are NOT sub-par. I was under pressure to complete him and his calculus was not tenacious. Not all class III's are made alike. I've only cleaned one other class III patient in one appointment - and both times I didn't need to take x-rays. But all my other class III's have taken multiple appointments, so do NOT be dissapointed in yourself.

    I was just thinking....I remember last year, it took me the full 3 hours to clean 3 teeth. I had a class III patient with only 3 teeth and it literally took me the full 3 hours. How sad was I? I like remembering this patient because it helps me see how far I've come. Think about a patient from last semester that you struggled with and think about what you have accomplished this semester and it will help you to see your growth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love your blog posts!! I need to practice my spanish with you again and catch up!!

    ReplyDelete