Thursday, April 12, 2012

Preterm Nostalgia

This is it friends.  The last time I will wipe down my unit.  The last time I will bag my instrument cassette.  The last time I will get an HHx/OD/Scale check (not so sad about that one).  The last time I will treat patients based off requirements.  The last time I will be in this unit with Karen and Leigh.  I could go on, obviously.

Today was a super fun day for me.  It didn't work out for anybody to come in this morning (and I really did put forth some effort) so I got organized, got ready for the afternoon, got my patient list ready for Chelsea, tallied up all my requirements, got my Black Bean Dip ready for our luncheon, took Alexander's test :), and soaked it all in.

There was WAY too much yummy food at our Potluck lunch today.  Yummy.  Thanks everyone.

My Dad came in this afternoon.  I was somewhat resistant to the idea of doing a new HH, and full charting just for one cleaning, but I'm glad we did it.  It was fun.  It got SUPER hot here in the afternoon though.  Wow.  To chart restorations my Dad looked in the handheld mirror and the #5 mirror and told me what each tooth had.  Julie saw it, it was awesome.



5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you wanted to tackle a new patient on the last day! Did you tell your dad to mark that he wasn't taking any meds? That's what I did with all of my family members!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love your dad!! It's nice that he helped with the restorations. I wish someone had snuck a picture of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to end the semester!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marianne. I love you. You have been making me laugh, sometimes silently, when not appropriate to laugh, for two awesome years! I am sure gonna miss you! You are an amazing woman, I really look up to you and I am glad I got the opportunity to meet you and now call you my friend! Congrats on the completion of the program! Your dad is awesome!:)

    ReplyDelete