Thursday, February 23, 2012

Michelle Bott, etc

Yes, Michelle Bott.  She is a riot.  She was the entertainment at lunch today, which I quite enjoyed while alternating between stuffing my face with Little Ceaser's pizza and laughing my head off.  The subject matter was highly entertaining including many feminine topics such as ultrasounds, bikini waxes, brazilians (shivers), pap smears, etc.  Again, it was a good time. 

I learned that I sit on the edge of my chair while cleaning.  Right up on the edge.  That's probably not so good.  Also, I started off the afternoon with a VERY squeaky chair.  My patient and I both highly disagreed with that so thankfully we could steal one from the left handed unit.

I don't even want to write this because I try to be sensitive to others' struggles, but Mockboard #3 was good and great.  My patient is a peach.  She looked really cute today and smelled really good.  She is so easy to work with, doesn't need to be numb, not fidgety, or nothin.  I had to retake 1 radiograph, she was cool with that.  I'm glad I got looking at those radiographs this morning so now I am set for boards.  Phew.  They're going to have to piece it together, but it should go through.  I didn't feel as glassy smooth confident with this quad as last time, but I had no errors so . . . it worked for whatever reason.  I will knock on wood long and hard after posting this because I think a hitch in my plan could be coming.  Hope not.

On another note I am CONSTANTLY thirsty.  THIRSTY!  Holy smokes.

MeChel hasn't felt good today.  Sore throat.  It is sad.  When she talks though it is pretty funny.  You know when your throat hurts like the devil and you try to talk without moving any vocal chords or throat muscles or anything?  It's like that.  It's funny, almost like she has an accent.  The Thursday clinics are counting down and when it comes to lunch time especially I am going to miss these lunch times.  Very very bad.

Also, my friend Shane is here today!  He is interpreting for a Hispanic patient.  That was a fun surprise.

Hmmm, what else can I tell you?

Oh oh oh oh oh I don't think we can move on without mentioning Madi's patient this morning.  It was SO sad.  Funny if you're not being empathetic and sad if you are.  We later found out that this woman is having severe gastrointestinal problems.  Here is what I know.  I was at the front when Madi brought her up.  She ran to the bathroom for a second and came back out with LOTS of wet paper towels.  As I was sitting her down in the examiner chair I noticed (and trust me I was not looking) some wet paper towels stuffed down her shirt.  Then, as she was getting situated she was lifting up her shirt and putting some wet paper towels on her stomach.  I didn't dare ask, so . . . we just carried on.  She was a little moany, but handle-able.  Well . . . then Madi cleaned her and she had to come back to the examiner chair.  This time was not so easy for her.  She was SUPER moany and was obviously very uncomfortable.  After that she visited the bathroom again.  Madi checked on her, she said she just needed to use the restroom, then I walked by the bathroom a few minutes later and heard some violent throwing up noises.  It was awful.  Needless to say, she was done with the appointment and was free to go.  Well, she ended up waiting for her ride for like HOURS after that.  It was so sad.  I guess her boyfriend has her car and was supposed to pick her up.  :(  We all felt so bad for her.  Hope she gets better very very soon.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry so much... I have caught myself... or Prof Alexander catches me sitting at the edge of my chair. You are amazing, and I love your posts! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete