Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Gug-a-Lug

Erica spent one of her few mornings off to spend the day with ME! 
("To ME!" - family home videos)

It's because she is the best . . .

at infant massage

even though she's not certified. :)

at doing makeup. course.

aunt.
I learned today (actually I have heard this before, but obviously didn't "learn" it at that time.  Hopefully I have learned it now) that I DO NOT need to scrape with as much lateral pressure as I can muster against EVERY tooth surface on a 1B.  The calculus just isn't there.  De-plaque by using the instrument on each surface, in an exploratory stroke, while checking for calculus.  Man I have wasted so much of mine and my patients time scraping where there is no need to scrape.  Of course, right when I get this in my head (hopefully) I will get a Class II or III and will need to scrape on most surfaces.  Woe is me.  What else is new?

Goal: HARDER CLASSIFICATIONS!!  Also, don't scrape where you don't need to scrape. Geez.

3 comments:

  1. those are exactly my thoughts today too... It's like I over-scrape I want to find it on every tooth I want it to be there but it's not and its annoying it seems pointless. But oh when you can see it and watch it come off, that's the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And according to Costley....we don't "scrape" we instrument. Just so you know. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mar. Can't believe you put up that scary make-up pictures, but what the hey. :) Course I had to brush that disgusting stuff off my teeth as soon as I got home but it was really super fun. Especially with the cool goggles/glasses. Love you.

    ReplyDelete