Monday, February 14, 2011

Downer

Some days you just feel like crap when you leave.  Even if there were a lot of good things that happened during the appts (saw my brother, did a sealant, passed off (I think) the sealant PE, saw my sister, got through OHI).  My pt canceled this morning (yes that is two weeks in a row, different patients, same reason) so I am going through emergency backup patients like mad and it is only February.  Very thankful to my family for coming in on short notice and sacrificing their free time, homework time, and/or sleeping time.  I am thankful that we have a lab on Wednesday, a holiday Monday, and I don't have to worry about the next patient that will likely cancel on me for a week or two. 

There are so many variables that come into play during one clinic day.  So you can feel good and do great on some, and do bad on others.  I guess it is the net (+) or (-) that does or should determine my mood when I leave.  We are all such high achievers and perfectionists, that it is hard not to compare yourself with others and feel like you are not doing enough or good enough or as good as everybody else.  Also, I've got to remember that somehow people have been graduating from this program for years now and so can I (we).  Somehow. 

Thank you ladies for being kind, supportive, and uplifting.  I owe you one today.

4 comments:

  1. It's surprising to hear this from you since I look up to you for your speed and perfection. You are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, some day's you feel like a million bucks and other day's you just feel like poo... But your right tons of people have been in our shoes, I think the majority of them survived :) it will all work out in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kelsey for the post. I feel the same way Marianne, you are the epitome of perfection. It is nice to see that while I worry, others are concerned as well. I do believe it is because we can see how our peers are doing and so we compare ourselves. But all we can do is give our 100% all and improve on our own levels. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marianne, I love how you put goals on your clinic blogs. I think this is something I should adopt. I wish you were in the same clinic as me, sigh, maybe next semester!

    ReplyDelete