Monday, August 23, 2010

Let's talk about . . .

First off, these keyboards. Ever heard of ergonomics? Hello? My arms are like at shoulder height, my wrists are kinked (welcome into my body carpal tunnel syndrome, please cut off blood flow to my hands) and as far as I can tell it cannot be adjusted. Maybe I'll talk to Mr. S-sauce about it.

Today I saw my first patient. Her name is MeChel B. She was totally awesome. I squirted water in her mouth. She liked it. It looks like she has some pretty great HC (home care), but I didn't get a fabulous look. Maybe I should have turned up my light brightness (which you better believe I know how to do).

We are using EagleSoft software (because Patterson doesn't make enough money as it is, why don't we buy it for EVERY SINGLE STUDENT COMPUTER). jk. They probably donated it, which is smart because then we are all being brainwashed by their software for 2 years. Start the indoctrination.

What I am most NOT looking forward to is memorizing this PE (Process Evaluation). "Find your birth date in the calendar and go there. Go forward one day. Go back one week. Go back to today. Go to the Wednesday after Labor Day." I mean come on. I've got a child at home who needs to be cared for, I've got no time for this. JK again, whoa don't freak out.

Really though, it has been a great fun first day in clinic. I am sure there will be MANY great memories to come here in Unit 12.

3 comments:

  1. I feel so honored to be in your blog!!
    Love,
    Patient El-Numero Uno!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. This was one of the best things that happened all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hilarious! Made me laugh after a rough day.

    ReplyDelete