Monday, January 10, 2011

Don't Suck.

Goal: Don't suck as bad as you did today. Ever Again.

Things to work on:

Set up x-ray room before taking patient back.
Don't use Schick on a small mouthed person.
Don't switch to size #1 sensor for BWX.
Barrier the doorknob.
Barrier the exposure button.
Make sure pt is wearing safety glasses in x-ray.
Keep thyroid collar against the neck.
Try not to cross-contaminate.
Tell pt's before they come how long they'll have to be here.
Be THOROUGH in OD.
Note overjets.
Have good posture.
Use a positioner for BWX (sorry, I just can't eyeball it.)
Record probe depths 2 teeth at a time.  You can't remember more than that, no matter what you think at the time.
Be thankful your patient showed up and was nice.
Be thankful J. Vining didn't fail you multiple times today.
Be thankful you got this suck-fest over with at the first of the semester.
Bring books and toys for pt's 5 year old for next appt.
Tx Record is everything you are going to do, not just what you did today.
Don't be in a hurry.

Goal for next time:  Don't suck so bad.

4 comments:

  1. Mar, don't you even worry. uhh TMI for everyone but marianne, but today I accidentally PULLED THE SHEET OFF MY PARTNER"S BUM!!! THE WHOLE THING WAS SHOWING!!! So, if you ever need a confidence boost, just ask me for a massage story. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's a positioner? Should I know this? If it helps with bitewings, please tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my x-rays experience was just as hellish! I forgot every single thing when i got in there. I was also using Shick, and it is pretty embarrassing when my dad has to tell me that i am putting it in his mouth backwards cause he cant bite down on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive noticed the same thing with remembering probing depths. Haha. Thanks for sharing the things you learned! I now know not to take BWX with size 1 sensors. Im glad you said something. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete